- Grade 9 or higher
- NQF Level 1
- RPL to meet access requirements
- Approved bridging course to access Level 2
In order to obtain a National Certificate a student is required to take a total of 7 subjects. Three fundamental subjects and four vocational subjects.
- Language (must be language of teaching)
- Maths/Mathematical Literacy
- Life Orientation (computer skills included)
On completion, the certificate holder will have access to careers in any of the following sectors: Marketing, Business Management, Promotions and Advertising; Market Research; Product Development; Public relations; Merchandising; Sales Management; Brand Management and Customer Relations.
The certificate holder will be able to:
- Perform bookkeeping duties
- Keep records of wages, salaries. petty cash, VAT and reconciliations
- Prepare Financial statements
- Manage budgets
- Analyse finances etc.